A screenshot is an image of your screen. There are various reasons for taking a screenshot. It can be useful for showing someone what’s available on your desktop or laptop. While watching a video if you want to capture something you can do so by just one screenshot.
Let’s assume you are learning some financial things through video and found some interesting concept. You can take the screenshot and save it for later reading.
Windows 10 is the latest operating system for desktop and laptop. As you all know it is provided by Microsoft. Taking a screenshot is one of the required features on any platform and Windows is no different here. While the commands and tools have not changed over the years, the procedure is not documented anywhere.
You can take screenshots on Windows very easily using some simple shortcuts. Using shortcuts you can take a screenshot and save it in a folder. You have options to take a screenshot of the entire screen or just a single window of the screen.
Taking a screenshot is very simple on any platform. This guide will help you with how to take a screenshot on laptop.
Taking Screenshot of the Entire Screen in Windows 10
Here are steps to take the screenshot of full screen in Windows 10:
- Press Windows Key on your laptop with Print Screen
- Now launch Explorer (Windows Key + E) and go the picture library
- Open the folder where you have saved your screenshot
There is one more way to take a full-screen screenshot. You can just press the PrtScn and open MS Paint. Now paste your screenshot using Ctrl+V in the paint. You can save it anywhere you want on your laptop.
Screenshot of Current Window Only
Sometimes we don’t want to take the screenshot of the entire screen but only the window which is opened currently. Here are the steps one need to take:
- Click on the app which you want to take a screenshot. It should be in the foreground and behind any other opened app.
- Press Alt+PrtScn
- Open MS Paint
- To paste the screenshot, press Ctrl+V
- This will place the screenshot of your open window in MS Paint. Later you can save the screenshot wherever you want.
Taking Screenshot of Part of the Screen
To take the screenshot of part of the screen you have to use Windows Snipping Tool. Follow these steps to take a screenshot of part of the screen:
- Open Snipping Tool. It comes under Start Menu>All Programs>Accessories. You can also use the search box to find it through the start menu.
- Click the down arrow which is next to New
- Choose Rectangular Snip or Free-form Snip. The Rectangular Snip lets you take rectangular screenshot whereas the Free-form snip enables you to draw any shape on the screen and take Windows 10 screenshot.
- Once you’re done with it, snipping tool can be used to annotate the screenshot if required and save it to your laptop or PC.
Taking Screenshot via Game Bar
If you want some other method to take screenshots, then follow these:
- Press Windows Key + G on your Windows 10 PC.
- Now click on the camera button to take a screenshot. You can also perform this action via Windows + Alt + Print Screen after you open the game bar. One notification will pop up describing where the screenshot is saved.
That is pretty much about taking Windows 10 screenshots on laptop or PC. These are very simple methods which anyone can follow to take a screenshot. I hope these steps helped you.